This is a 1 day course.
As a manager, you’re probably used to dealing with many tough situations. But conversations about an employee’s personal appearance are a whole different ball game. It’s something that we often avoid talking about, or worse, make light of. This one-day workshop has two major themes: a framework for having tough conversations and some common tough conversations that come up. You’ll walk away prepared for any kind of challenging conversation.
Who should attend?
SMME Business Owners, Supervisors, Team Leaders and Line Managers
Upon completion of course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the advantages to having tough conversations
- Describe the components to an effective behavior modification conversation
- Use your organization’s resources to help you deal with hygiene issues
- Overcome barriers that employees put up when discussing hygiene problems
- Resolve hygiene issues such as bad hair days, inappropriate piercings and body art, poor clothing choices, bad breath, body odor, excessive gas, and incontinence
- Nip poor hygiene habits in the bud and identify ways to encourage good hygiene at your workplace
What you will learn:
- Let’s talk about it!
- Guidelines for difficult conversations
- Overcoming objections
- Bad hair days (and weeks… and months…)
- Addressing piercings and body artwork
- Helping employees dress for success
- Bad breath
- Body odor
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Bad habits
- Putting it into practice