This is a 1 day course.
This workshop concentrates on the pre-interview preparation; developing questions and their value; the interview techniques that get specific, behavior-based examples of past performance; and the strategies that follow through on this process. This workshop takes the behavioral interview even further with a discussion of communication techniques and the use of other types of interview questions.
Who should attend?
SMME Business Owners, Supervisors, Team Leaders and Line Managers
Upon completion of course, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the costs incurred by an organization when a wrong hiring decision is made.
- Develop a fair and consistent interviewing process for selecting employees.
- Prepare better job advertisements and use a variety of markets.
- Be able to develop a job analysis and position profile.
- Use traditional, behavioral, achievement oriented, holistic, and situational interview questions.
- Enhance communication skills that are essential for a skilled recruiter.
- Effectively interview difficult applicants.
- Check references more effectively.
- Understand the basic employment and human rights laws that can affect the hiring process.
What you will learn:
- The cost of hiring errors
- Why use behavioral interview techniques
- How to get the information you need
- Advertising guidelines
- Communication skills
- Writing the interview questions
- Defensible resume screening
- Developing an effective interview format
- Ethical and legal issues
- Interviewing techniques
- Asking questions and listening for answers
- Reference checks