This is a three-day overview of human resource issues facing today’s business owners and managers. You do not always have the expertise to deal with the many employee relationship issues you face, and yet you will be expected to make decisions that are both effective and legal. This workshop will walk you through the hiring process, from performing a skills inventory to conducting the interview; discuss orientation; and cover some issues that arise after the hiring process such as diversity issues, compensation, and discipline
Who should attend?
SMME Business Owners, Supervisors, Team Leaders and Line Managers
Upon completion of course, participants should be able to:
- The latest trends in the human resource field and the changing role of the human resource professional.
- How to write job specifications and identify core competencies.
- Methods of finding, selecting, and keeping the best people using behavioral description interviewing techniques.
- How to get employees off to a good start.
- How to deal with compensation and benefits.
- How to maintain healthy employee relations.
- How to make performance appraisals a cooperative process.
What you will learn:
- Planning employee orientation
- Interview process
- Behavioural competency interviews
- Importance of job descriptions
- Advertising for resumes
- Compensation / Benefits
- Discipline and termination